Monday, June 2, 2014

The Plan is Working

For those who know me in real life, you know that I love a good plan, and I really like it to work.  Yes, I do have my pacing guides for all year completed, and I'm sticking to it.

Fortunately everything is going according to plans.  My husband was able to drop us both off at the Atlanta airport early.  We managed to check our bag for free to Denver despite kick back from United trying to call the first leg of the journey a domestic flight.  Our flight to Denver was also pretty uneventful.  Granted we were both getting pretty stiff and antsy by the third hour.  We are going to need some serious toughening up for our 12hour flight to Tokyo today.

But already we are getting to experience the thrill of serendipity and unexpected adventures and encounters that come with travel.  As we were getting off the plane, I heard someone call my name.  It is the pilot.  "Karon, is that you?  It is me Bruce."  This was a good friend of mine from college and ironically, the last time we were on a plane together was when he took me sky diving as a graduation present.

After that, we met up with another piece of my past.  A good friend from Oregon who now lives in Golden picked us up.  We had a great night of visiting, a comfortable bed to sleep I. And we are about to have a fabulous breakfast.  To top things off, it is Free Day at the natural history museum.  It looks like we will hit that up before embarking on the next leg of the trip.

Yes, there are plans, and yes, I love them, and it is good that he already I am being reminded that they are just the skeleton of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment